Top 10 Celine Dion Songs Subscribe: French Canadian singer rose to super stardom in the 90s when she r.
- Youtube Celine Dion Hits
- Youtube Celine Dion Songs With Lyrics
- Youtube Celine Dion Songs Immortality
- Youtube Best Of Celine Dion
- Youtube Celine Dion Songs From Titanic
- Celine Dion - A New Day Has Come (Official Video)Listen on Spotify: Listen on Apple Music: http://smarturl.it/CelineA.
- A Full Playlist With Celine Dion, And Her Best Songs.
|Single by Celine Dion|
|from the album Loved Me Back to Life|
|Released||5 December 2013|
|Celine Dion singles chronology|
Lumion 7.5 download free. 'Break Away' is a song originally recorded by German singer Ivy Quainoo for her 2012 album, Ivy. Titled 'Breakaway', it was covered by Canadian singer Celine Dion for her English-language studio album, Loved Me Back to Life (2013). 'Breakaway' was co-written by Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren and Audra Mae, and produced by Play Production. The song was released by Dion as a promotional single in the United Kingdom on 5 December 2013 and in France on 22 January 2014.
Background and release
'Breakaway' and 'Somebody Loves Somebody' are two songs on Dion's album Loved Me Back to Life produced by Swedish trio Play Production (Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson and Tobias Lundgren). Both songs were co-written by Fransson, Larsson, Lundgren and Audra Mae, the great-great-niece of Judy Garland. On 2 December 2013, Dion's official website announced 'Breakaway' as the second UK single. Two days earlier, it was chosen as a 'Record of the Week' on BBC Radio 2. The official audio for the single was released onto Dion's Vevo channel on 3 December 2013. Two days later, 'Breakaway' was added to the A-List on BBC Radio 2's Playlist in the UK. The song peaked at number thirty-eight on the UK Radio Airplay Chart in mid-December 2013 but did not enter the UK Singles Chart. On 22 January 2014, 'Breakaway' was announced as the second single in France and was sent to radio stations on the same day.
'Breakaway' received positive reviews from music critics. Jim Farber of Daily News wrote that it 'balances modern R&B with '60s lounge music in a way that would flatter Adele'.USA Today editor Elysa Gardner included this song in her download list and added 'Dion starts out low and sultry, then lets her big, creamy soprano rip — a pattern she follows on the 'Wall of Sound'-inspired Breakaway'.Gary Graff from The Oakland Press praised the vocal buildup 'from the lower reaches of her register, a husker tone that sounds just as good as the more pristine approach that's her stock in trade'. Andrew Hampp of Billboard also praised 'Breakaway' calling it 'powerful' and the song which features 'arguably the grittiest, most authentically 'rock' vocal we've ever heard or would expect from Dion'. Deban Aderemi of Wiwibloggs commented that 'Breakaway' is a beautiful piano-led track. The song's orchestration is rich, Dion's delivery is dynamic, yet she remains committed to a performance that comes from the soul.
In early November 2013, Dion performed 'Breakaway' for the UK show, Strictly Come Dancing which was broadcast during the semi-finals on 15 December 2013.
- Promotional single
- 'Breakaway' (Radio Edit) – 3:39
|United Kingdom (Airplay Chart)||38|
Credits and personnel
Youtube Celine Dion Hits
- Vocals recorded at Studio at the Palms, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Strings recorded at RMV Studios, Stockholm
- Mixed at Larrabee Studios, North Hollywood, California
Youtube Celine Dion Songs With Lyrics
- Songwriting – Johan Fransson, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren, Audra Mae
- Production – Play Production
- Vocals recording – François Lalonde
- Vocals recording assistant – Mark Everton Gray
- Mixing – Manny Marroquin
- Mixing assistants – Chris Galland, Delbert Bowers
- Programming – Tim Larsson
- Piano – Johan Fransson
- Electric bass – Daniel Lykkeklev
- Acoustic and electric guitars – Andreas Johansson
- Background vocals – Tobias Lundgren
- String arrangement – Johan Fransson, Henrik Janson, Ulf Janson
- Strings conductors – Henrik Janson, Ulf Janson
- Orchestra – Stockholm Session Strings
- Technician – Bernard Löhr
Youtube Celine Dion Songs Immortality
|United Kingdom||5 December 2013||Promotional single||Columbia|
|France||22 January 2014|
- ^'Ivy Quainoo – Ivy'. Discogs. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- ^ ab'Breakaway'. celinedion.com. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- ^ abc''Loved Me Back To Life' Certified Gold And A New Single in the UK!'. celinedion.com. 2 December 2013. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- ^ abc'Celine Dion a choisi 'Breakaway' comme 2ème extrait de son album Loved Me Back to Life'. Twitter. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- ^ abc'Record of the Week'. BBC Radio 2. 30 November 2013. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- ^'Céline Dion - Loved Me Back to Life'. Vevo. 3 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- ^ ab'The UK Radio Airplay Chart'. Radiomonitor. 19 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- ^Farber, Jim (5 November 2013). 'Celine Dion, 'Loved Me Back to Life'; Midlake, 'Antiphon': Album reviews'. Daily News. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- ^Gardner, Elysa (29 October 2013). 'Celine Dion dials it down for 'Loved Me Back to Life''. USA Today. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- ^Graff, Gary (4 November 2013). 'Listening Room: Approach may draw new fans to Celine Dion's 'Loved Me''. The Oakland Press. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- ^Hampp, Andrew (29 October 2013). 'Celine Dion Shows Edge, and Tries Out New Characters, on 'Loved Me Back to Life''. Billboard. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- ^Aderemi, Deban (16 December 2013). 'Review: Celine Dion Owns Her New Single Breakaway'. Wiwibloggs. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- ^'Celine On Strictly Come Dancing'. celinedion.com. 11 November 2013. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- ^'Celine On Strictly Come Dancing This Sunday'. celinedion.com. 14 December 2013. Archived from the original on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- ^'Celine Dion Breakaway Strictly Come Dancing HD 2013'. YouTube. 15 December 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
Youtube Best Of Celine Dion
- 'Breakaway' (Audio) on YouTube
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics