Horse Listing Disclaimer. ProEquest does not control, and is not responsible for, Content made available through the ProEquest.com site and Service, and, as such, does not guarantee or warrant any user or third party's products, horses, services, or representations. Rumpus Pro is a Open Transport native FTP server for Mac. Rumpus Pro supports up to 256 simultaneous connections shares an infinite number of folders. Rumpus Pro does not need Mac OS file sharing functionality, thus improving performance over other Mac FTP software.
Built Into Mac OS X
Mac OS X has a huge amount of TCP/IP-based server software built into it that I don't specifically cover here. Latest adobe flash player for mac download. Your 'Sharing' Preference Pane allows you to enable and disable these services with a click of the mouse. The software running behind the scenes to provide many of these services is generally of the open source variety. The standard release of Mac OS X includes, among many others:
- Apache httpd (web server; enabled via the Sharing Preference Pane).
- Postfix (mail server; see Mac OS X Hints for more information).
- tnftpd (FTP server; enabled via the Sharing Preference Pane).
- OpenSSH (Secure Shell server; enabled via the Sharing Preference Pane via 'Remote Login' but additionally configurable via selected applications listed on this page).
- BIND (Domain Name System server; see Mac OS X Hints for more information).
- Samba (Windows file sharing; enabled via the Sharing Preference Pane).
- XFree86 (X Window server; enabled via the 'X11' application in your 'Utilities' folder, if you elected to install it with Mac OS X).
Rumpus Promo Code
Of course, Mac OS X Server includes many more, in addition to offering more recent versions of many of the above servers.