Step 3: Reduce PDF Size Mac. Open the output Word document with either Microsoft Word for Mac or iWorks Pages. Both of them are fully compatible with the output format. To reduce text size of PDF, you should select the whole content on the Word document and change the text to a smaller font. To shrink image and graphics size, you can drag the. Jul 13, 2019 Cisdem PDF Compressor is an application that works on macOS computers. The tool is capable of reducing the size of more than 1 PDF file. You can import up to 50 files to the program and reduce all PDF size on Mac at once. The tool features a 100% success rate. Portable Document Format, or PDF for short, is one of the most ubiquitous file formats that is universally adopted across platforms. However, they can be quite big. Thankfully, you can reduce the file size of a PDF since macOS High Sierra. Open the PDF file that you want to reduce in size.
Compress PDFs in a click
When you need to compress PDF files, the choices you have can be confusing. Moreover, it’s hard to know if you’re doing it the right way, or if whatever method you’re using to reduce PDF size may compromise its quality.
Here we’ll show you how to compress a PDF the right way, and what to watch out for when reducing the file size of any PDF.
Best way to compress PDF on Mac
First things first: When you shrink a PDF file on your Mac, it should never harm the document. It also shouldn’t take a long time. If you need to shrink PDF files, and it’s taking longer than a few seconds (for most files), that’s an issue.
It’s entirely possible the compression is compromising the file, which could have devastating effects.
The Best PDF File Compressor
Compress multiples PDF files at once without loss of quality.
Pdf Size Compressor
Your best bet is to find a reliable app to compress PDF file sizes without harming the document. One of the best options is PDF Squeezer for Mac. It can reduce size of PDF by up to 90 percent. It also has an option to limit a PDF’s image quality – allowing you to purposefully reduce an image’s quality to make the reduced file size even smaller when it’s compressed. This is really handy when you have something like a text document that doesn’t need to be pixel-perfect.
You can also choose the final resolution of a PDF, convert its color profile, eliminate annotations, choose a sampling rate, and convert to bitmap if desired. PDF Squeezer simply has a ton of fine-tuning you can do to find that sweet-spot for a reduced PDF that retains as much (or little) quality as you like.
Reduce PDF file size on Mac
One handy feature of PDF Squeezer is its verification for reduced files. If you were trying to reduce a file below a particular threshold – say you needed the final file size to be 80 percent smaller, but it only reduced to 40 percent of its original size – the app allows you to cancel the compression and start over. This is when you could fine-tune the file’s image quality to further reduce its final size.
For those of you who really need a powerful, free PDF compressor, PDF Squeezer also batch-reduces PDFs. It can take several files, shrink them individually, and allow you the same granular fine-tuning options!
PDF Squeezer even lets you squeeze entire folders and sub-folders full of PDFs. It really is the most powerful option we’ve found for reducing the file size of a PDF.
Your Mac has a built-in way to reduce the make PDF smaller. The Preview app has a really straightforward way to compress PDFs. We’ll show you how
The most popular way: Use Adobe to squeeze PDFs
If you’re wondering how to make a PDF smaller using the most popular method, Adobe Acrobat is the answer. It’s far and away the leading name for PDFs, including reducing file sizes.
There’s good reason we’re not recommending it, though. Adobe Acrobat is very expensive. If all you’re looking to do is reduce PDF file sizes, there’s just no reason to use Adobe Acrobat. It’s also a really cumbersome process. Here’s how to use Adobe Acrobat to reduce the file size of a PDF:
- In Adobe Acrobat Pro, Select ‘File’ from the menu bar.
- Select ‘Open.’
- Select the file you want to open.
- Select ‘File’ in that document’s menu bar.
- Select ‘Save as Other.’
- Select ‘Reduced size PDF.’
- In the pop-up window, select ‘Retain existing’ in the ‘Make compatible with’ selector.
- Select a location to save the file.
- Click save.
Compressing PDFs online
There are many, many options to reduce a PDF file online. One of the better options is SmallPDF. It’s a pretty straightforward process, and it’s free – but there are drawbacks.
To download a file, you have to upload it to SmallPDF’s servers. This is how it’s able to compress a file; there’s just no way for it to compress a file remotely. If you’re uncomfortable with having your document living on a server, don’t use an online service. They will all do something similar.
Pdf Size Reducer For Mac X
SmallPDF.com says your file only lives on its server for an hour, which seems like a way to keep it handy in case you retrieve it later for some reason.
You also have to download your compressed PDF from its server, which means you are relying on a connection. While the download isn’t large, you may find yourself unable to download it if your connection isn’t good.
Learn more about how to search a PDF on Mac
Tips for compressing PDF files
There are a few things to keep in mind when compressing PDF files that may save you a lot of time:
- Delete anything unnecessary. If your file doesn’t absolutely need the images or graphs you’ve included, eliminating them can really help when reducing a PDF. Images and other visual assets take up a lot of file space.
- Remove unnecessary pages. Consider why you’re exporting the file. If you need someone to read through a whitepaper, they may not need to look at the three pages of positive customer feedback at the end of the document. Consider which pages can be eliminated.
- Create multiple files. If you need someone on one team to look at a specific portion of your PDF, consider creating a separate PDF file with only the assets they need, which you can send just to them. That’s what batch-reduction was made for!
- Try exporting to other formats first. Sometimes opening a file in Word, then saving as a PDF – and then using PDF file compression actually works best.
There are several reasons you may need to shrink a PDF down. One of the more common reasons is to send it along as a mail attachment. Email services can be really finicky about how large an attachment can be, so reducing the size of a PDF is advantageous.
You may also just need to save space on your computer. If you’ve ever let your ‘documents’ memory get overly full, reducing file sizes can definitely help.
Whatever your needs are, we suggest PDF Squeezer. It’s fast, easy to use, and has a robust feature-set that’s great for all users. It’s simply the best PDF file size reduction app we’ve ever used.
Best of all, PDF Squeezer is free as part of a seven day trial of Setapp for Mac. Setapp is a subscription service that also provides you with access to dozens of other productivity apps for the Mac. Once your trial ends, Setapp is only $9.99 per month, a massive savings when compared to buying even a small portion of the apps you’ll gain access to.
So don’t wait – give Setapp a try today!
Meantime, prepare for all the awesome things you can do with Setapp.Read on
2020-12-28 17:32:56 • Filed to: PDFelement for Mac How-Tos • Proven solutions
Can I reduce PDF size on Mac? PDF is one of the most popular file formats that is being widely used around the world on Windows, as well as, Mac. You may sometimes need to deal with the large-sized PDF files that slow down the routine work. So, it is recommended to reduce PDF size without losing its quality. If you are looking for a tool to reduce PDF file size on Mac without losing quality, this article is for you. Let's find out how to do it.
- Part 1. How to Reduce PDF File Size on Mac without Losing Quality
- Part 2. How to Reduce PDF Size on Mac online, free
Step-by-Step Guide to Reduce PDF Size on Mac
To reduce PDF size Mac, follow the given steps.
Step 1. Download PDFelement for Free
Step 2. Open a PDF on Mac
Launch PDFelement on Mac and open the file by clicking on the 'Open File' option. You can also open the PDF file by clicking on 'File' > 'Open'. After you click the 'Open' option, you need to locate the PDF file in your system and click on the 'Open' button.
Step 3. Reduce PDF Size on Mac
Pdf Reduce Size Macos
Once the PDF file is opened, click 'File' in the top menu and then click 'Save as Other' > 'Optimized PDF'.
Step 4. Settings for Reducing PDF Size on Mac
In the last step, you need to make some settings in order to reduce PDF size on Mac without losing its quality. So, once you click on 'Optimized PDF', a small 'PDF Optimizer' option window will open where you can set its quality from High to Medium and Low. Here, you are recommended to select the 'Medium' quality as there is not much difference in the output quality of High and Medium options. Interestingly, it may decrease the size of your PDF file by about 80%.
Pdf Size Reducer For Mac Os
Once you are done with all the changes, save the file by clicking on 'Save As', locate the destination folder and click 'Save'.
So, this is how you reduce the PDF size on Mac (Catalina included) using PDFelement that is the best PDF software. Let's have a quick review of the software.
PDFelement is the most powerful PDF tool that can be used to do several PDF-oriented tasks with full ease and control. Adobe acrobat school. It cannot only be used to create a PDF file from scratch but you can also edit the existing PDF files easily, as well as, convert the files from other formats to PDF. Let's have a quick look over some wonderful features.
- PDF creation - You can easily create catchy PDF files that can be viewed on any PDF reader.
- PDF editing - Editing a PDF on Mac is as easy as editing a notepad file. You can edit every single object of the PDF file.
- PDF conversion - Conversion of PDF files into over 300 formats and vice versa can be done within seconds with a 2-click simple procedure.
- Comments, Reviews, and Sign - You do not need to download and print any PDF file in order to review it, add a comment, or sign it. Using this tool, you can easily add comments and sign a PDF document.
- Form creation - Highly-customized forms can be created with one click, as well as, a non-fillable form can easily be converted into the fillable PDF form.
- Form Data Collection - It allows you to collect data using forms. You can simply create forms and send them to your customers.
- Passwords and permissions - The PDF files created by you can be protected using passwords. You can also add various permissions such as copying, editing, or printing of the file.
- Digital Signatures - You can add digital signatures into PDF files and sensitive documents.
There are even more wonderful features and it is a good addition to any office, school, or business.
How to Reduce PDF Size on Mac online, free
Let us now review the step-by-step guide on how to reduce PDF file size on Mac with online tools. Follow the below-given steps to reduce PDF size on Mac online, free.
Reduce Pdf Size online, free
- 1: Visit HiPDF website.
- 2: In the main navigation, click the 'All tools' option.
- 3: Now, scroll down and find 'Compress PDF', once found, click on it.
- 4: In this step, click on the 'Choose File' button, locate the file in your PC, click 'Open', and upload it on the site. You can also upload the file from One Drive, Dropbox, and Box.
- 5: Once the file is upload, select your preference, and click on the 'Compress' button. It will take some time to compress the file dependant on the size of the file.
- 6: Once the file is compressed, a 'Download' button will appear. Click the 'Download' button to download the compressed file to your Mac.
Pdf Size Reducer For Mac File
So, this is how you compress PDF files on Mac online for free. Apart from the fact that this method is totally free, your data may be compromised on their server, so it is always recommended to use an offline tool for such sensitive tasks and PDFelement is the best tool for such purposes.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Pdf Size Reducer For Mac Os
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!