Apple MacOS X requirements
- Existing Office 2016 for Mac customers will be seamlessly upgraded to 64-bit versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote as part of the August product release (version 15.25). This affects customers of all license types: Retail, Office 365 Consumer, Office 365 Commercial, and Volume License installations.
- Yes, you can install and use Office 2016 for Mac and Office for Mac 2011 at the same time. However, we recommend that you uninstall Office for Mac 2011 before you install the new version just to prevent any confusion. To uninstall Office for Mac 2011, follow the steps in Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac. How do I pin the Office app icons to the dock?
- Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac 16.10.0 Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. Microsoft Office 2016 is a Productivity tool. MS Corporation developed this app, and the lifetime price of this application is just $229.99. You can buy it directly from their official site. Office 2016 include applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is a version of the Microsoft Office productivity suite for macOS.It is the successor to Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and is comparable to Office 2010 for Windows. Office 2011 was followed by Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac released on September 22, 2015, requiring a Mac with an x64 Intel processor and OS X Yosemite or later. Office for Mac 2011 is no longer.
The current Apache OpenOffice supports Apple MacOS X version 10.7 (Lion) - 10.11 (El Capitan) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra) - 10.13 (High Sierra).
- CPU : Intel Processor
- Memory : Minimum 512 Mbytes RAM
- Storage : At least 400 Mbytes available disk space for a default install via download
- Graphic : 1024 x 768 or higher resolution with 16.7 million colours
Get the latest Apache OpenOffice release for your MacOS X.
Please subscribe to the users mailing list. Send an empty email to [email protected] and just reply to the returned email.
News and weblog
Recent news articles from the Apache OpenOffice homepage.
Recent weblog postings from the official Apache OpenOffice Blog.-->
This guide is intended to help administrators and other IT professionals plan, implement, and maintain deployments of Office for Mac in their organizations.
There are two versions of Office for Mac that are referred to in this guide:
- Office for Mac, which is available with any Office 365 (or Microsoft 365) plan that includes Office. For example, the Office 365 E5 plan. This version is updated on a regular basis to provide new features. It also receives security and quality updates, as needed.
- Office 2019 for Mac, which is available as a one-time purchase from a retail store or through a volume licensing agreement. This version receives security and quality updates, as needed.
Office For Mac 2016 Install
Support for Office 2016 for Mac ended on October 13, 2020. For more information, see End of support for Office 2016 for Mac.
This guide covers the following areas:
In addition to this guide, other information is available to help admins with Office for Mac deployments, including the following sites:
Office For Mac 2016 End Of Support
System requirements for Microsoft 365 and Office, for installation requirements, such as supported operating systems.
Office for Mac, for purchasing information. Ms powerpoint free download 2007.
Office Help & Training, for help on how to use Office for Mac.