Do you need these mail server settings?
My scripts app. Microsoft is bringing its sync technology that’s used on Outlook for iOS and Android and Windows Mail to this version of Outlook for Mac. It means Office 365, Outlook.com, and even Google accounts. Outlook is Paid & Mac Mail is Free. As a matter of first importance, when comparing Mac. Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud. To make an in-app purchase of a Microsoft 365 Family or Personal subscription, open the app, go to Settings, and tap on Upgrade next to your Outlook.com or Hotmail.com account.
You can use the mail server settings in this article to manually set up your email app to send and receive email with an iCloud email account. However, you shouldn't need to do that if you meet iCloud system requirements and can use any of these setup methods:
- Use iCloud Preferences on your Mac in OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later.
- Use iCloud for Windows on your PC in Microsoft Windows with Outlook 2010 through Outlook 2016. Set up two-factor authentication and, if needed, generate an app-specific password* to use for iCloud Mail.
- Use iCloud settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later.
Outlook for Mac works with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud Learn more about Microsoft 365 Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based subscription service that brings together premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneDrive, with the best tools for the way people.
Mail server settings
Refer to your email app's documentation for information about how to use these settings. iCloud Mail uses the IMAP and SMTP standards supported by most modern email apps. iCloud does not support POP. If you set up an account using iCloud System Preferences or macOS Mail in 10.7.4 or later, you won't see these settings because they're automatically configured.
IMAP information for the incoming mail server
- Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS instead.
- Port: 993
- Username: This is usually the name part of your iCloud email address (for example, emilyparker, not [email protected]). If your email client can't connect to iCloud using just the name part of your iCloud email address, try using the full address.
- Password: Generate an app-specific password.
SMTP information for the outgoing mail server
- Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
- Port: 587
- SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
- Username: Your full iCloud email address (for example, [email protected], not emilyparker)
- Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server.
Microsoft Outlook Mail For Mac
* You only need to use an app-specific password if you’re manually setting up mail with your iCloud account in Windows, if you use Mac OS X Mail (10.7.4 and earlier), or if you use any other third-party mail client.