So, if you are looking for a guide to remove Malwarebytes from your Windows or Mac device, read this article. Below are easy-to-follow methods that will help you in uninstalling the anti-malware. Related: 7 Tips & Tricks to Make Your Computer Run Super Fast. Remove Malwarebytes from Windows Device using Settings App.
|Platforms:||Mac OS X|
|Last Updated:||September 10, 2020|
- To uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac, simply uninstall the program through Mac's Help menu. Open Malwarebytes for Mac. If you have multiple apps open, make sure Malwarebytes is the one selected. At the top of your Mac screen, click Help, then click Uninstall Malwarebytes.
- Remove Malwarebytes from your Mac Follow the simple step-by-step method given below to completely remove Malwarebytes from your Mac device. Click Go from the menu displayed at the top of the screen and go to Applications in the drop-down list. (If you can’t find the menu at the top of the screen, open Finder and click on Desktop.).
- Here are several steps you need to follow to uninstall Malwarebytes on Mac: Open the Malwarebytes window. Go to the Menu and click Help → Uninstall Malwarebytes. In the window that appears, click Yes to confirm the removal.
- Malwarebytes for Mac Malwarebytes 4 takes out malware, adware, spyware, and other threats before they can infect your machine and ruin your day. It'll keep you safe online and your Mac running like it should. Billed annually.
Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Mac) ReviewMalwarebytes for Mac is a malware removal tool that can quickly scan your computer, find and remove malware for free. This program can remove various types of malware such as trojans, adware, worms, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and other security threats. Moreover, Malwarebytes for Mac has a built-in module that allows you to protect your Mac from malware infection.
Screenshoots for Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Mac)
Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Mac) Usage Guide
1. Download Malwarebytes for Mac from the link above.
2. Click on the Scan button to start a system scan.
3. When the scan has been finished, click on the Quarantine to remove all malware and adware that has been found.
Malwarebytes is an anti-malware software created for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
While it is important to have an anti-malware program running in your system, sometimes it may slow down your Macbook by taking up vital resources.
This tutorial will provide you with step by step instructions on how to completely uninstall Malwarebytes from your Mac environment.
Uninstall via the program menu bar
To uninstall Malwarebytes, let’s first open the application. After the application starts, navigate to the top menu bar and select Help. Here, you will find the option to “Uninstall Malwarebytes”.
Click on it and it will prompt you to confirm the uninstallation.
Click on Yes to uninstall the application. You will be asked to enter the administrator password. Enter the password and click OK.
This is the easiest way to uninstall Malwarebytes. You will remove all the components related to the program. Therefore, you do not have to worry about any additional files that will remain in your system.
If by any chance, you have removed the application to the Trash manually, the process of uninstallation will be a little involved.
The mere act of moving the application to the Trash will not result in a complete uninstallation of the application. There will still be files remaining in your system that you would have to manually search for and remove. Fortunately, there is a convenient way of removing these files.
Uninstall via the Uninstall script
Let’s utilize a script available on the Malwarebytes website to perform this action.
Click on the link below to download the Malwarebytes uninstaller script.
Once the file downloads, navigate to the Downloads folder and unzip the file. The file contains the uninstaller script. Click on it to run the script.
If you receive a prompt as mentioned below, click on Open.
Mac Virus Removal Free
Once the uninstaller script runs, it will greet you with the following prompt.
Click OK. Now the script will run and completely uninstall any element of Malwarebytes available in your system.
Best Free Mac Virus Removal
This is the best method to completely remove Malwarebytes if you have moved the Application to the Trash in the first place.
Uninstalling Malwarebytes manually
If you do not like to run an unknown script as above on your MacBook, try removing all the elements manually. To do this, navigate to the Systems folders from the Finder.
Navigate to Finder and search for the term “Malwarebytes” in the search bar. If you do not have the application in your system you will not see anything in the search results.
The problem is that there are files that are installed in your System files.
Malwarebytes For Mac Removal Mac
In a regular search, Finder will not display you the System files installed in your Macbook. To find the files that are installed in your system, you would have to modify your search. Click on the “+” icon that is available in the top right corner next to the “Save” button. This will bring up additional search options.
Nba 2k15 pc download parts. This enables us to perform an advanced search. Select the first attribute box and select Other
This will bring the following box. In the search box, type System to bring up the “System files” attribute.
Click on it and select OK which will take you back to the Finder window. Once you select System files, in the box next to it, select “are included”.
This will bring up every file that is available in the system belonging to the search term “Malwarebytes”.
Select all of the files and move them to Trash.
You will be prompted to enter the password. Please enter the password to complete the process.
Go to Trash, select these files, and select Delete Immediately.
Now all the files belonging to Malwarebytes have been removed.
As mentioned before, if you have Malwarebytes installed in your Macbook, the easiest way to remove it is by clicking on Uninstall Malwarebytes in the program Help menu.
But if you have moved your application to the Trash manually, you will have to remove the remaining files by following the above-mentioned steps.