Lesson 30: Mail Merge
- Mail Merge Outlook Mac
- Word For Mac Free
- Mail Merge Word For Mac Letter Template
- Mail Merge Microsoft Word 2013
- Mail Merge Word For Mac Letter Format
- Office For Mac
How do I create and upload a mail merge template for use with Redtail? How do I create and upload a mail merge template for use with Redtail using Word for Mac? How do I run mail merges in Redtail? Mail Merge Fields; How do I create Mailing Labels or Envelopes in Redtail? How do I include database fields in my mail merges if they are not on.
Before you begin, open a blank document in Word and type the body of the email message you want to send. To send an email, a MAPI-compatible email program like Outlook. Everything in this letter is the same for all recipients except for the greeting line (the first line). Using a Greeting Line in Mail Merge will accomplish this. The Greeting Line feature generates a line of text specific to each recipient. To start, launch Microsoft Word on your Mac and click into the Tools menu from the Apple toolbar. Select Mail Merge from the drop down menu and a Mail Merge pop-up menu will appear. The Mail Merge popup menu has a ton of options that will make for an easy data import from Excel. From this menu, click the Create New button to start a new Mail.
Mail Merge is a useful tool that allows you to produce multiple letters, labels, envelopes, name tags, and more using information stored in a list, database, or spreadsheet. When performing a Mail Merge, you will need a Word document (you can start with an existing one or create a new one) and a recipient list, which is typically an Excel workbook.
Optional: If you'd like to work along with the lesson, you can download the examples below:
- Practice document (Word document)
- Recipient list (Excel workbook)
Watch the video below to learn more about using the Mail Merge feature.
To use Mail Merge:
Mail Merge Outlook Mac
- Open an existing Word document, or create a new one.
- From the Mailings tab, click the Start Mail Merge command and select Step-by-Step Mail Merge Wizard from the drop-down menu.
The Mail Merge pane will appear and guide you through the six main steps to complete a merge. The following example demonstrates how to create a form letter and merge the letter with a recipient list. Rusty lake paradise mac download.
- From the Mail Merge task pane on the right side of the Word window, choose the type of document you want to create. In our example, we'll select Letters. Then click Next: Starting document to move to Step 2.
- Select Use the current document, then click Next: Select recipients to move to Step 3.
Now you'll need an address list so Word can automatically place each address into the document. The list can be in an existing file, such as an Excel workbook, or you can type a new address list from within the Mail Merge Wizard.
Word For Mac Free
- Select Use an existing list, then click Browse to select the file.
- Locate your file, then click Open.
- If the address list is in an Excel workbook, select the worksheet that contains the list, then click OK.
- In the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, you can check or uncheck each box to control which recipients are included in the merge. By default, all recipients should be selected. When you're done, click OK.
- Click Next: Write your letter to move to Step 4.
If you don't have an existing address list, you can click the Type a new list button and click Create, then type your address list manually.
Now you're ready to write your letter. When it's printed, each copy of the letter will basically be the same; only the recipient data (such as the name and address) will be different. You'll need to add placeholders for the recipient data so Mail Merge knows exactly where to add the data.
To insert recipient data:
- Place the insertion point in the document where you want the information to appear.
- Choose one of the placeholder options. In our example, we'll select Address block.
- Depending on your selection, a dialog box may appear with various customization options. Select the desired options, then click OK.
- A placeholder will appear in your document (for example, «AddressBlock»).
- Add any other placeholders you want. In our example, we'll add a Greeting line placeholder just above the body of the letter.
- When you're done, click Next: Preview your letters to move to Step 5.
For some letters, you'll only need to add an Address block and Greeting line. But you can also add more placeholders (such as recipients' names or addresses) in the body of the letter to personalize it even further.
Mail Merge Word For Mac Letter Template
- Preview the letters to make sure the information from the recipient list appears correctly in the letter. You can use the left and right scroll arrows to view each version of the document.
- If everything looks correct, click Next: Complete the merge to move to Step 6.
Mail Merge Microsoft Word 2013
Mail Merge Word For Mac Letter Format
- Click Print to print the letters.
- A dialog box will appear. Decide if you want to print All of the letters, the current document (record), or only a select group, then click OK. In our example, we'll print all of the letters.
- The Print dialog box will appear. Adjust the print settings if needed, then click OK. The letters will be printed.
Office For Mac
- Open our practice document and practice recipient list.
- Use the Mail Merge Wizard to merge the letter with the recipient list.
- Insert an address block at the top of the document. Choose the second format: Joshua Randall Jr.
- Above the body of the letter, insert a Greeting Line. Format the greeting line so it says Mr. Randall,
- Check your letters to make sure they are formatted correctly. Your third letter should look something like this:
- Complete the merge.