Pause a download: Click the Stop button to the right of the filename in the downloads list. To resume, click the Resume button. Find a downloaded item on your Mac: Click the magnifying glass next to the filename in the downloads list. If you move a file or change the download location after downloading it, Safari can’t find the file. The Rhino for Mac download has been corrupted during the download. Go to download and request another download link. If the second downloaded file of the.dmg is not working, please go through this validation process: Start the Disk Utility program /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.
Apple designed Image Capture to help users transfer images from iOS devices, cameras, and other devices to Mac easily. As a novice, you may not know how to find and use Image Capture Mac, right? Taking this into account, MiniTool offers this post to help you find, launch, and use Mac Image Capture. Besides, the solutions to fixing Image Capture not working are provided.
Since Image Capture only supports transferring photos from iOS devices, you may turn to its alternative to transfer more data of iPhone/iPad/iPod to your Mac. Whether you want to transfer iPhone photos to Mac, or pull in contacts, videos, music, messages and more to your Mac, Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer will be the best alternative to Image Capture. But there is another alternative that works if you want to import pictures but do not necessarily want them cluttering their iPhoto library. It’s free, and available on every Mac, including Mac OS X Server: Image Capture. Image Capture does just as one would think, capture images. But it’s more than just an image extraction utility.
What is Image Capture?
The Image Capture is an application designed by Apple to assist people to transfer pictures, video clips, and movies to Mac from different devices, including iOS devices, iPadOS devices, cameras, etc. Therefore, Image Capture on Mac is a very useful photo management program since image transfer is frequently needed. (Do you need a snipping tool for Mac?)
How to Launch Image Capture on Mac
View zip contents mac. There are simply 3 ways to launch Image Capture Mac.
Open Image Capture in Finder
- Navigate to the Finder icon in the dock.
- Click it to open Finder.
- Select Applications in the pane on your left side. (You can also click Go and select Applications.)
- Browse the app list in the pane on your right side to find the Image Capture icon.
- Double click on the icon to open the app. (You can also right click on it and choose Open.)
How to open Finder quickly?
You should press Option + Command + Space simultaneously; it will bring up the “Searching This Mac” window in Finder. To access a regular Finder window, you should press Command + N.
Open Image Capture using Spotlight
- Open Spotlight by pressing Command + Spacebar (or clicking on the magnifying glass icon located at the right of the menu bar).
- Type image capture into the Spotlight Search box.
- Select Image Capture from the search results.
Open Image Capture via Launchpad
- Click on the Launchpadicon in the dock.
- Look for a folder named Other and click it.
- Click on the Image Capture icon inside the folder.
This is the default location of Image Capture app; if you moved it to another place, please go there to find it.
How to Use Mac Image Capture
What’s the function of Image Capture?
- Import/delete images from the devices connected to Mac via cable or network.
- Create contact sheets.
- Scan files and documents.
- Change the default apps for the devices connected.
It’s not difficult to scan a document on Windows 10; you can just use the built-in Windows Scan or Windows Fax and Scan.
7 Steps to Import Images
- Connect the device from which you want to transfer images/photos to Mac.
- The system will ask you to unlock or trust the device.
- Open Image Capture app on your Mac.
- Select your device under DEVICES or SHARED in the left pane.
- Choose the images you want to transfer in the right pane. (Please skip this and click Import All if you want to transfer them all.)
- Specify a place to store the images on Mac from the menu of Import To.
- Click Import and wait for the action to finish.
How to Fix Image Capture Not Working
You may run into different errors while using Image Capture: Image Capture not recognizing iPhone, Image Capture not showing photos, photos not importing from iPhone to Mac. How to fix them?
Troubleshoot iPhone Not Recognized/Showing up
Fix 1: show hidden device.
- Open Image Capture on Mac.
- Click on the Show Hide button located at the lower-left corner.
- Click on the “Connecting this [device] opens” menu and then choose Image Capture.
- Please click “Show device settings” if you didn’t see the pop-up menu.
Fix 2: unplug & re-plug iPhone.
- Remove the iPhone (or another iOS device) from Mac.
- Re-connect it to Mac. Make sure the device is turned on.
- Unlock and trust the device as it required.
- Open Image Capture to see whether your device is recognized.
Other methods to try:
- Restart iPhone.
- Enable My Photo Stream.
- Disable Optimize Storage Option.
- Delete the preferences files of Image Capture.
- Update Mac system.
Troubleshoot Image Capture Not Showing Photos
Please try the following fixes when all your photos or some of them are not showing up.
- Unplug & re-plug iPhone.
- Restart iPhone and Mac.
- Disable iCloud Photo Library on iPhone.
- Update Mac system.
- Use another photo management tool.
Troubleshoot Photos Not Importing to Mac
Please try the following fixes when you can't import photos from iPhone to Mac.
What Is Image Capture
Mac Download Image Not Recognized Without
- Unplug & re-plug iPhone.
- Restart iPhone and Mac.
- Check the status of your iPhone.
- Reset Location & Privacy on iPhone.
- Update iPhone and Mac system.
Safari User Guide
Download music, PDFs, software, and other items by clicking links on webpages.
Important: If a download contains software, an alert appears when you open the item. To be safe, don’t open it if you weren’t expecting a software program or if it’s not from a trusted source.
Download an item
In the Safari app on your Mac, click anything identified as a download link, or Control-click an image or other object on the page.
Choose Download Linked File. (Some webpage items can’t be downloaded.)
Safari decompresses files such as .zip files after it downloads them.
Note: If you download an item that you previously downloaded, Safari removes the older duplicate so it doesn’t take up space on your Mac. See Optimize storage space on your Mac.
Mac Download Image Not Recognized Download
See items you downloaded
In the Safari app on your Mac, click the Show Downloads button near the top-right corner of the Safari window.
The button isn’t shown if the downloads list is empty.
Do any of the following:
Pause a download: Click the Stop button to the right of the filename in the downloads list. To resume, click the Resume button .
Find a downloaded item on your Mac: Click the magnifying glass next to the filename in the downloads list. If you move a file or change the download location after downloading it, Safari can’t find the file.
Tip: To change where downloaded items are saved on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, click General, then click the “File download location” pop-up menu and choose a location.
Clear the downloads list: In the downloads list, click Clear. To remove one item, Control-click it, then choose Remove From List.
By default, Safari automatically removes an item after one day. To change when items are automatically removed, choose Safari > Preferences, click General, then click the “Remove download list items” pop-up menu and choose an option.