A beauty of a MacBook or any other laptop is its portability. How do i unlock my old samsung phone to my. You can unplug it and use whenever and wherever you want. Of course, it only makes sense if it holds the charge. That’s why it can be a nightmare when your laptop is not charging hence killing its portability factor.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process to fix your MacBook that’s not charging. But before we start, let’s look at a few possible reasons why your laptop battery won’t charge.
Your AirPods can get up to 5 hours of listening time 9 or 3 hours of talk time on a single charge. 10; If you charge your AirPods for 15 minutes in their case, you get up to 3 hours of listening time 11 or up to 2 hours of talk time. 12; If you think that your battery has an issue, learn about AirPods service and repair. 45W Mini Charger for MacBook Air 11 inch 13 inch Magnetic 2 T-tip MAC Power Charger Adapter - Lightweight & Portable - One Extra USB Port Design 4.6 out of 5 stars 414 $31.99 $ 31.
AirPods with Charging Case: More than 24 hours listening time, 3 up to 11 hours talk time 6; AirPods (single charge): Up to 5 hours listening time, 2 up to 2 hours talk time 5; 15 minutes in the case equals 3 hours listening time 4 or over an hour of talk time 7; System Requirements. IPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with iOS 10 or later. If your Mac battery status is “Not Charging” The Battery Status menu on your Mac notebook might say “Not Charging,” even if it’s connected to power. This can happen for a few reasons: Your computer temporarily paused charging to extend the life of your battery. Your battery may drain to 90% or lower before it begins charging again.
Why my Mac won't charge?
Possible reasons why your computer won’t charge:
- Broken connections
- Incorrect settings
- Hardware problems
- Battery critical condition
Can certain apps affect battery health?
In short, the answer is yes. According to security researcher, Charlie Miller, “malicious software may be exploited in various ways, from just causing the battery to stop functioning to auto-installing malware.” The 'backdoor' applications may disguise themselves as alerts to “update your Flash player” or imitate harmless Chrome extensions. If you are unsure about downloading such things in the past, you need to run an anti-malware check. Chances are, your battery will come to life.
Many users on Apple forums recommend using CleanMyMac X as it deals with macOS-specific viruses. This app developed by MacPaw is notarized by Apple, so you are safe downloading it.
Here is the link to get a free edition.
When you run CleanMyMac X, click the Malware Removal tab. This should reveal if any app has highjacked your battery.
How to troubleshoot a MacBook that’s not charging
Here are 5 ways to fix your MacBook, MacBook Air or MacBook Pro not charging.
Method 1: Physically inspect hardware
Before you look any further, you need to check the basics. If your MacBook Pro battery is not charging, verify the power cable. Inspect every inch of the cable and look for broken spots or any dark stains on its surface. If you find any damage, there is a chance it’s causing the problem.
The next thing you should do is to verify the ports for any foreign objects or debris. Dust can build up in the charging port blocking the connection, so if you find something, use a wooden object to remove it (you can use a toothpick).
Check whether you are plugged in into the wall socket. Make sure it is turned on or try using a different socket. We know this sounds a bit basic but it’s always better to double check.
To prevent electric shock and other dangerous accidents, be careful when working with wiring and power tools. Never leave electrical appliances somewhere they can easily fall into the water. Always be cautious for your own safety.
Method 2: Reboot your MacBook
Just like apps on your MacBook can get frozen, so can the hardware that controls the charging of your notebook. That’s why when your MacBook won’t charge, try to restart it. A simple reboot can reset the hardware and fix the problem.
- Click on Apple logo in top left corner of your screen.
- Click Restart.
- Wait for the reboot and then try charging your Mac again.
As simple as that! Now you know what to do before asking yourself, “Why isn’t my laptop charging?”
Method 3: Check your battery health
The MacBook battery may wear out faster than expected if you use it intensively. You should always monitor its status; otherwise, there’s a risk of having a non-working notebook at the most inappropriate time. Checking your battery health is especially relevant when the battery doesn’t charge even with a cable.
To view the state of the battery health, press and hold Option (Alt) key and click the icon of the battery in the Menu Bar. The advanced options of the menu will appear. There are four states your battery may be in:
- Normal — Your battery is functioning well.
- Replace Soon — The battery works fine but holds the charge less than it did before. It should be replaced soon.
- Replace Now — You should replace the battery as soon as possible as it keeps the charge very bad.
- Service Battery — Your battery has to be replaced immediately to prevent damaging your MacBook.
Mac Air Charing Time Manuals
Method 4: Reset the SMC
The System Management Controller (SMC) is responsible for the battery management and its status indicator lights. Therefore, if your Mac battery is not charging, resetting the SMC may help.
Note that the process of resetting the SMC for MacBooks with a removable battery and a non-removable battery is quite different. That’s why first you have to determine whether your battery is removable.
Mac notebooks that have non-removable batteries include MacBook Pro (early 2009 and later), all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (late 2009).
If a battery is non-removable:
- Shut down your MacBook.
- Press Shift-Control-Option and a power button at the same time and hold for 10 seconds.
- Release the keys.
- Press the power button to turn on your Mac.
RESET THE SMC
Mac Air Charing Time Manual Instructions
Method 5: Cool your MacBook
It may be surprising but the reason of your MacBook battery not charging may be as simple as overheating. If the thermal sensors within your laptop detect a drastic rise in temperature, they block out the access to the battery as a safety measure.
What can you do if your MacBook is hot to the touch? Simply turn it off and let it be for some time, or place a fan near your Mac to cool it down right away. If you work outside, move into the shade — direct sunlight can cause your Mac getting hot.
Method 6. Check for battery-draining apps
Another issue is battery-draining apps. It has been noted that some programs are extremely taxing on battery. There’s a simple way to check it using the tool we’ve mentioned above, CleanMyMac X. It has a system health monitor in the upper bar of your Mac. When you click on it, you will see the apps that drain your battery far too much.
How to find the battery monitor:
When you click on it, you will see the apps that drain your battery far too much:
You may need this tool to do further maintenance on your Mac. Download it here, from the official site.
If all troubleshooting methods fail, consider taking your MacBook to the Apple Store or a certified Apple repair center. Every laptop has its own quirks, and at this point, it’s better to ask a licensed professional to help. More than likely, your MacBook will need a unique fix. To avoid those unpleasant “Why won’t my laptop charge?” surprise, also check our comprehensive guide on “How to increase Mac battery life.” Take care of your battery health!
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Transparency mode
- Adaptive EQ
- Vent system for pressure equalization
- Custom high-excursion Apple driver
- Custom high dynamic range amplifier
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking1
- Dual beamforming microphones
- Inward-facing microphone
- Dual optical sensors
- Motion-detecting accelerometer
- Speech-detecting accelerometer
- Force sensor
H1-based System in Package
- Press once to play, pause, or answer a phone call
- Press twice to skip forward
- Press three times to skip back
- Press and hold to switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode
- Say “Hey Siri” to do things like play a song, make a call, or get directions
- Sweat and water resistant (IPX4)
- Width: 0.86 inch (21.8 mm)
- Depth: 0.94 inch (24.0 mm)
- Weight: 0.19 ounce (5.4 grams)
- Width: 2.39 inches (60.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.85 inch (21.7 mm)
- Weight: 1.61 ounces (45.6 grams)
- Works with Qi-certified chargers or the Lightning connector
- Up to 4.5 hours of listening time with a single charge (up to 5 hours with Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency off)4
- Up to 3.5 hours of talk time with a single charge5
AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case
- More than 24 hours of listening time6
- More than 18 hours of talk time7
5 minutes in the case provides around 1 hour of listening time8 or around 1 hour of talk time9
- Bluetooth 5.0
- AirPods Pro
- Wireless Charging Case
- Silicone ear tips (three sizes)
- Lightning to USB-C Cable
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new AirPods Pro. Features include:
- Live Listen audio10
- iPhone and iPod touch models with the latest version of iOS
- iPad models with the latest version of iPadOS
- Apple Watch models with the latest version of watchOS
- Mac models with the latest version of macOS
- Apple TV models with the latest version of tvOS
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 712
- iPhone 7 Plus12
- iPhone 6s12
- iPhone 6s Plus12
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE (1st generation)12
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015–2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012–Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012–2017)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018–2020)
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012–Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012–Mid 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012–2020)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012–2019)
- MacBook Pro 13-inch (2020, two ports)
- MacBook Pro 13-inch (2020, four ports)
- MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012–2017)
- iMac (27-inch, Late 2012–Late 2013)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015–2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014–2020)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac mini (Late 2012–Late 2018)
- Mac mini (M1, 2020)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013–2019)
Mac Air Charing Time Manual Download
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)12
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch12
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 212
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 412
Mac Air Charing Time Manual Pdf
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 2
- Apple Watch Series 1
Apple TV Models
- Apple TV 4K
- Apple TV HD
AirPods Pro are designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Brominated flame retardant–free