Do you want to add phone number to imessage on mac? You came for the right tutorial about iMessage PC guide. iMessage is the best messaging service between iOS devices. It’s just like a basic massage application, but it provides many more options to users.
If you are own iPhone and Mac, Definitely are you using iMessage service for both devices. Because it easy to handle, and you don’t want to switch devices to send iMessages.
You can see email and iPhone number on there. Your mobile number must be the default. Now check the “You can be reached by iMessage at” section. Make sure your mobile number and email should be there. So, if your mobile number and email address not visible on there, you can add it to fix iMessage sending from email. Reset All Setting on iPhone. Yes - it's entirely possible to have your Mac send and receive iMessage using your iPhone's message as the 'caller ID' only. Setting this up is normally a two step process. First ensure that your phone with the number you wish all computers to use as your 'caller ID' for the Mac has your Apple ID enabled for Messages.
Furthermore, When you are working with Mac, and you want to add a phone number to iMessage on Mac. If you are new to this, this may confuse you.but in this tutorial will help you solve this problem. You can follow the below guideline on how to add a phone number to iMessage on Mac and iPhone.
How to add a Phone number to iMessage on iOS
You can follow this method to add phone number to imessage On your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Setting app On iPhone and Tap on Message
- Now tap on Send & Receive and Add an Email Now tap on
- If you are not logged in, then it will ask to Sign in with Apple ID and Password.
- Tap on Add another email and enter your phone number to there. That’s it.
How do you add a Phone Number to iMessage on Mac
This method will help you to add phone number to message from your Mac.
- Open Message Application and click on “Messages” on the menu bar
- Click on Preferences >Accounts
- If you are not logged, login with your Apple ID and password by click on sign in
- Click on Add email and your phone number
- If you set it correctly you can see your phone number under “You can be reached for messages at.”
In conclusion, we hope this article helped you to know how to add a phone number to Message on Mac. So, if there are any issues regarding this tutorial, please let us know. We will help you. Don’t forget to share this post.
With Messages for Mac, you can send unlimited messages to any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that uses iMessage, Apple's secure-messaging service. iPhone owners can use it for SMS and MMS messages, too.
Set up iMessage
iMessage is the Apple messaging service you get automatically with your Apple ID.If Messages asks you to sign in, use the same Apple ID that you use with Messages on your iPhone and other devices. It's usually the same Apple ID that you use for iCloud, the iTunes Store, the App Store, and the account you created when you first set up your Mac.
Learn what to do if you get an error when trying to sign in to iMessage.
Have a conversation
- Click the New Message button at the top of the Messages window.
- Type the recipient's name, email address, or phone number, or click and choose a recipient. If they're in your Contacts app, Messages finds them as you type. To start a group conversation, just add more recipients.
- Type your message in the field at the bottom of the window, then press Return to send it.
- To include emoji, click .
- To include an image or other file, just drag or paste it into the message field.
- To include an audio recording, click and record your message.
- To add other items, such as Memoji stickers, GIFs, and message effects, click the apps button .
- After starting a conversation, click the Information button (or Details) in the upper-right corner of the window to take actions such as these:
- Use FaceTime to start an audio call or video call .
- Share a screen .
- Hide alerts, so that you aren't disturbed by notifications about the conversation.
- Share your location temporarily or indefinitely, or send your current location. You can also see the recipient's location—if they're sharing their location with you.
- See all of the photos and files that were exchanged in the conversation.
- Customize the group, such as by changing the group's name or photo, adding members to the group, or leaving the group. If the group has four or more members, you can remove members: Control-click the member's name, then choose Remove from Conversation.
New in macOS Big Sur
macOS Big Sur introduces new features to improve conversations:
- Pin a conversation to the top of the conversation list so that you can quickly get to it. Just Control-click the conversation to open a shortcut menu, then choose Pin.
- Help bring your message to the attention of a group member: Either click their name after you type it, or include the @ symbol before their name: “@Jocelyn, see you then!” When you mention someone, their name is highlighted in the message, and they will receive a notification letting them know they’ve been mentioned.
- Create an inline reply to a specific message in a conversation: Control-click the message to open a shortcut menu, then choose Reply. Or click a bubble to select it, then press Command-R.
- Use iMessage apps to add effects to your message.
Use iMessage apps
Starting with macOS Big Sur, Messages includes iMessage apps near the message field. Use it to choose items from your Photos library, add Memoji stickers, add trending GIFs using #images, and use Message Effects such as balloons, confetti, or lasers.
Add a tapback to a message
How To Register Phone Number With Imessage On Mac
A Tapback is a quick response that expresses what you think about a message, such as that you like it or think it's funny. Your Tapback is visible to everyone in the conversation who is using iMessage.
- Control-click a message bubble to open a shortcut menu.
- Choose Tapback from the menu.
- Click a Tapback to add it to the message bubble.
Here's another way to add a Tapback: Click a bubble to select it, then press Command-T.
Use Siri to send messages
You can also use Siri to send, read, and reply to Messages. Examples:
- ”Send a message to Susan and Johnny saying I'll be late' or ”Tell Johnny Appleseed the show is about to start” or ”Text a message to 408 555 1212.”
- ”Read the last message from Brian Park” or ”Read my new messages.”
- ”Reply that's great news” or ”Tell him I'll be there in 10 minutes.”
Send text messages to anyone
If you have an iPhone with a text messaging plan, learn how to set up text message forwarding so you can send and receive SMS and MMS messages from your Mac.
Mpeg 4 codec mac download.
Delete a message or conversation
When you delete a message or conversation, it's permanent: You can't get it back.
Delete a message
- Click a message bubble to select it.
- Choose Edit > Delete.
How To Use Phone Number For Imessage On Mac
Delete a conversation
- Control-click a conversation to open a shortcut menu.
- Choose Delete Conversation.
- Click Delete.
How To Use Phone Number For Imessage On Mac
FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.