SAE J2534 is a standard for communications between a computer and a vehicle. Government regulations require all automakers provide a J2534 service to everyone in the U.S. for re-flashing emissions related controllers. If you own a SAE J2534 Pass-Thru device, you can re-flash and, in some cases, diagnose vehicles with factory functionality.
In recent years the EPA, CARB, and European Union have required automotive companies to allow for emissions-related modules (ECM/TCM) to be reprogrammable without use of special and often very expensive factory tools, in an effort to reduce harmful emissions. Because of the success and ease of J2534 some manufacturers have now begun to offer factory diagnostics as well as reprogramming capabilities. To learn the history of J2534, click HERE.
Since the introduction of OBDII and leading up to modern Hybrids and EV's, computers and software in cars have been expanding at an exponential rate. In-car software is becoming one of the leading needs for service, and updating software may be the only way to fix some of these issues: drivability, fuel efficiency, power loss, fault codes, and durability of mechanical parts.
Studies indicate that 7 out of 10 vehicles on the road require a calibration update. Technicians exploring J2534 will find that it's a technology that is not only growing, but becoming essential. A J2534 tool will allow you to fix cars, grow profits by offering services previously sent to the dealership, and offer the services needed to retain customers.
Honda-supplied J2534 Reprogramming Software American Honda offers SAE J2534 compliant software for Honda and Acura vehicles. The J2534 standard enables independent repair facilities to reprogram emissions related electronic control modules on a wide variety of vehicles with a single pass-thru device, starting with model year 2001.
Drew Technologies offers a range of products that immediately give your shop greater earning potential by providing job profitability, more “in-shop” services, and quality control. Our technology can produce fast results in payback & profit for you by keeping more jobs and profit in house, gain control over the quality of repair, and increase shop capabilities. Increased shop capabilities means more business for you!
Drew Technologies advantages include top-quality technical support, no expensive 'annual updates', free software updates, and step-by-step walk-thru instructional videos. All of this comes free for the life of the tool.
- The answer is Autel MaxiIM608 has powerful key programming. Function, it has no online programming and ECU programming functions. The AUTEL IM608 package, you will find a MaxiFlash JVCI J2534 ECU programmer, it can work together with OE software /subscription to perform reprogramming / key programming/ multi-line OEM diagnostics etc.
- Look at Autel MaxiIM J2534 function list: Each OEM has a special site that allows you to gain access to their programming software. All you need is a credit card to purchase a subscription, and knowledge on how to download and install the software ( This is the most difficult part about programming).
- Honda/Acura Service Bulletin. Programming a control module at any other time will not permanently correct a customer’s concern. American Honda urges end users to always use the LATEST production release of the J2534 Honda Reprogramming software. Using the latest version of the software is the best way to ensure successful.
- I have fixed the misfire and addressed the oil issue with this accord regarding bulletin 10-033. I did update with the latest software from Honda before beginning. Specifically states to update the pcm if i have a same or lower software number. I only found the software for trans shudder which i did and the software number completed to 37805-r70-a830 previously 820.
Our J2534 products are the strongest in the industry. We helped invent J2534, created the first tool ever to use it, and work with OEMs around the globe to continue improving the technician's experience. Our company was founded in 1995, focusing on automotive electronics. Drew Technologies helped develop many SAE standards and supplies to all automakers J2534 tools.
Drew Technologies supports more than 36 OEMs in reprogramming, and we have the most supported J2534 devices avaliable. Approved by more automakers than any other company, fully compliant to SAE J2534-1 & J2534-2, it's known through the automotive industry as the gold standard for J2534.
CarDAQ-Plus 3® and CarDAQ-M® are designed for all OEMs, while each MongoosePro® is designed to be OEM-specific. If your shop focuses on one particular make, MongoosePro® will fit your needs. However, if you do all makes/all models, CarDAQ-Plus 3® or CarDAQ-M® will be the best choice for you.
|USB version 1.1 and higher||X||X||X|
|Bluetooth option available *||X||X|
* Bluetooth option only available for CarDAQ-Plus 3, MongoosePro Honda/Acura, and MongoosePro Toyota 2.
Honda J2534 Reprogramming
Drew Technologies has conducted various training seminars on getting started with re-flashing. We have compiled some basic information on training and getting started from our experience:
If you are new to J2534, visit our Technician Support page by clicking HERE. How to search for an email on mac client email. You'll find details on reflashing for each automaker, tips to get started, OEM links with application information, and subscription costs.
Honda J2534 Reprogramming Software
J2534 Toolbox 3
Every DrewTech J2534 product includes a comprehensive support program called the J2534 Toolbox 3 which offers our users the following:
• Links to OEM websites.
• Job-aids such as VIN reprogramming and ECU controller identification.
• ECU procedures such as Crank Angle Relearn.
• Regular posts and current events of manufacturer problems and fixes.
• Frequently Asked Questions.
• Industry Announcements.
• And more!
Questions? Contact our DrewTech sales team via 877.888.2534 (option 2) or email[email protected] for more information.
Office hours are 8:30 - 6:30 EST Monday - Friday.