Here is a list of six such software that you can use to compress files in Windows and Mac. 7 Best File Compression Software For 2020 1. WinZip – Best Zip Program. #2: Cisdem PDF Compressor for Mac Cisdem is a purpose-built PDF compressor for Mac and one of the best in its class. Standard features include preset compression modes and a simple, three-step process to compress PDFs on a Mac. List of Best Video Compression Software For Windows and Mac PC 1. Wondershare UniConverter. This software lets you download videos directly from YouTube and compress it accordingly. Miro Video Converter. This free and open-source platform converts (eventually compressing) several videos to MP4.
Express Zip File Compression for Mac is an archiving and compression tool that lets you easily extract, edit, and create zipped files and folders for extraction purposes.??Express Zip is fast efficient way to zip and unzip files of all your important docs, images, music and more.
There are many cases when the need to compress huge sized videos arises. One of those cases is when you find it hard to share a video on a shorter bandwidth. If you are using Final Cut Pro X then the video exported by that application makes large file size in your disk. This is basically where video compression tools for Mac comes into play. Video compressors tools are also helpful in windows PCs.
Most of the Video compressors tools are also available for windows. You may find hundreds of video compression tools for Mac and windows on the internet, but not all of them are worth considering. Luckily, we have found and made a list of some best video compression tools for MAC users.
Read More:- 5 Best List of Online Video Compressor Tools to Reduce Video Size For Free
Let’s have a look at those MAC video compression tools as follows:
- 7 Best Video Compression Tools For Mac to Compress Videos Quickly
7 Best Video Compression Tools For Mac to Compress Videos Quickly
VideoProc is one of the best video compressors which you can use to compress big sized videos. It does its task of video compression quickly utilizing the GPU acceleration power. You can use this tool on both the Windows and MAC devices.
The best part is that it does its video compression task without any video quality loss. It supports and works perfectly with more than 420 different video formats such as MP4, AVI, OGG, FLV, and many others.
Apart from this, you can also utilize it to edit your videos. It comes with several editing tools that can make your videos look cool and attractive. Near the space needle taretraffk.
- Provides Faster & Real-Time Video Compression.
- Works Smoothly even on Low-End Devices.
- It also Allows you to Record Your Device Screen.
- Streamlined and Beginner Friendly.
HandBrake is a free and open-source tool specifically designed for video compression tasks. The best part is that it can compress videos within seconds and that’s too without any quality loss. You can use it on both the Windows and MAC devices
It also offers a list of array adjustments that you can make within a few clicks. Another interesting feature is its real-time preview screen that allows you to preview videos before you export and save them on your device.
Although Handbrake is a great video compression tool, the only drawback is that you have to adjust some arrays manually like dimensions, codec, etc.
- Provides Support for both the VFR & CFR.
- It offers multiple Video and Audio Filters.
- Live Static and Video Preview.
- Compress a Batch of Video Files at Once.
Read More:- Best Free Video Compressor Software for Mac and Window
Avidemux is an open-source software allowing you to do video compression within a few minutes. The best part is that it supports and compresses perfectly all the video formats such as AVI, MP4, MPEG, MOV, OGG and many more.
Apart from this, you can also use it to edit your recorded videos. It has a wide range of editing tools which include markers, filters and image correctors. You can also preview your edits before applying them to videos.
Initially, you may find it a bit harder to use, but after a few tries, you will get used to it and you would be able to do everything within minutes,
- Offers Multiple Video and Audio Filters.
- Supports Multiple Video Formats.
- Also Allows you to Convert Videos into Smaller Size.
- It provides you with multiple free and paid plugins.
4. Miro Video Converter
Miro Video Converter is another reliable software that can be used to trim and compress videos for free. The simple drag and drop options allow you to do video compression within minutes. It also allows you to compress multiple videos at once.
It also has an automation feature which you can use to automate the video compression task. It supports and works perfectly with all the video formats. You can also use Miro to change the format of your videos.
It keeps both the original file and the converted one in the same folder so that you can find them quickly and easily.
Compression Software For Mac
- Provides Real-time trimming and editing options.
- Smooth and Easy to Use Interface
- It allows you to Collaborate with Others.
- Support Batch Processing
Read More:- FlexClip Review & Online Video Editing Easy and Free
5. Final Cut
Final Cut is one of the best video compression tools for Mac allows you to edit and compress videos at once. There are a lot of video editing tools that Final Cut software has to offer. Its simple and elegant interface makes it easier to use.
Many professionals online content creators use the Final Cut tool to add effects like filter, color correction, lighting correction, and many others. You can also use these effects to make your videos look cool and attractive.
Along with this, it also allows you to add soundtracks to your videos. The only drawback is that it requires a lot of resources to run smoothly. This can create a problem if you are looking to run it on a laptop.
- Offers MultiCam & 360 Degree VR Editing
- It allows you to create multiple and customized workspaces.
- Provides Faster Importing and Exporting.
- Redesigned elegant and smooth interface.
6. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is an open-source and free tool to convert the formats of your videos. You can also use it to compress your video files. It also allows you to share the compressed videos directly on any social media platform.
The basic drag and drop options make it quite easier to compress videos. All you have to do is just select videos, parameters of compression and you are done. The best part is that the compression will be done within a few minutes.
It has both the free and paid plans to offer. You can either use the free one or subscribe to their paid plans for additional features.
- Allows You to Extract/Rip a DVD or CD
- Additional Editing & Conversion tools available.
- Capable of doing compression without any quality loss.
- Simple and Easy to Use Interface and Controls
Read More:- Best YouTube Video Downloader for Mac- VideoDuke
7. WonderShare UniConverter
WonderShare Uniconverter is one of the best video compression tools built for both the MAC and Windows devices. It allows you to compress videos without any video quality loss. You can also use it to add some tweaks to your videos.
It also allows you to convert the formats of your videos. There are a huge number of effects and transitions which you can add to your videos for free. You can also use it to add soundtracks and audio effects to your videos.
Although it’s a great software for video compression, the only downside is that it only allows you to compress 1/3 part of the original video in the free version.
- Offers up to 8 different options for video compression.
- All in one tool for all kinds of editing, streaming, and video compression tasks.
- Capable of compressing multiple video files at once.
- Offers extensive support and learning material to its users.
Well, these were the best video compression tools for mac which you can use to compress your videos. You can select the one which suits your requirements and use it to compress videos huge in size.
If you found this blog post useful, then do share it with your friends to let them know about these video compression tools. Also, if you are using any other video compression tool, then feel free to suggest it in the comment section below.
Summary: best video compressor software is shared here for you to maximumly reduce video (4K) size while keeping highest possible quality, up to 98%!
With the popularity of 4K, HD, 8K videos, the demand for video compression to reduce video file size is growing rapidly. Especialy when we need to share large videos via email or internet, and save storage space on computer or phone. This quick guide will share the best free Mac video compression software to compress 4k/HD/8K videos quickly and easily.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Best Free Video Compressor for Mac [Introduction]
If you prefer one 100% safe yet professional video compression software, then MacX Video Converter Pro can be the exact one. It is specially designed for Mac users to reduce videos with large size, for example, HD 720P, 1080P, 4K, 5K or even 8K videos. In our actual test, it compress a 8GB MKV video (1920x800) with duration of 2h23min to MP4 format. The whole video shrinking process costs 23min53s and produces the output MP4 video (1920x1080) with 2.72GB in size. This Mac compression software reduces MKV video size 56% off. The whole video compression process is on a 27-inch iMac (2011 Middle) with OS X Yosemite operating system, powered by 2.7GHz Intel Core i5. To sum up:
- Compress all the videos to all the smaller video formats.
- Up to 98% resulting quality! It won't hurt video quality.
- The world's first converter to arm with 3-Level Hardware Acceleration.
- 5x faster speed than its closest competition when resizing any videos.
Part 2: How to Compress a Video on Mac without Losing Quality
MacX Video Converter can compress all the videos to the smaller video formats, such as video to H.265 HEVC, H.264, MOV, MP4, M4V, or FLV, WMV, etc. And here we will take MP4 for mat as an example. Now, Free download MacX Video Converter to your Mac firstly, and then follow us and check the simple steps to compress a video to MP4 on Mac:
- launch it and click 'Add File' to load the video files you want to downsize.
- Choose MP4 Video as the output format. You can select a smaller output format like HEVC H.265, H.264, FLV, WMV etc.
- Click the 'Browse' button to choose the destination folder.
- Press 'RUN' button to start to compress video files without losing quality.
1. If you're compressing a large video file to mobiles, here are 350+ readymade profiles for mobiles, meaning you can compress video to iPhone iPad Android with small file size and high quality in one click.
2. Click the icon to edit the video where it is allowed to crop the black bars, remove commercials from video/movie and freely set up the Start Time/End time to get favorite clips, in such a way the video file will be downsized with nary a quality loss (no video conversion involved).
3. Click the icon to adjust the video parameters, like Resolution and Bit Rate to make your file smaller. Generally, frame rate and frame size don't much affect the file size. Keep read on the Tips & Tricks below to know more information about how to adjust the video compression settings.
Compress Video for E-mailing or Uploading to Website
Myriads of Mac users compress video for uploading to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Vimeo, Metacafe, Myspace, other websites, or need to reduce video for e-mail. For those uesrs:
* You're suggested to go to Web Video Profile column, here ready streaming video formats like FLV, 3GP, WMV, etc are available. These formats are specially set for uploading video to website barely with the samllest size yet the highest possible quality.
* As the best yet multi-purpose video size converter, MacX Video Converter Pro can accomplish this task like a cork. With over 420 preset profiles, this fabulous video compressor for Mac is capable to make video size smaller (MOV, MP4, MKV, 1080P, 4K, 8K) so as to upload to Facebook, Vimeo and YouTube supported video format with the ready-to-use profiles offered.
Part 3: Mac Video Compression Settings
Commonly, compressing video means cutting down the unnecessary data from video and keeps the video with suitable file size. But the truth is that when you remove the seemingly insignificant parts from the video, your video quality will be affected to some extent. Well, how to reduce your video file size while reserving the high quality untouched? Tips below:
Compression Programs Free
- Compress video to the recommended video formats like HEVC H.265(recommended), H.264, MOV, M4V format, as they are smaller than other video formats with good quality.
- Properly adjust or lower the video/audio resolution (you're allowed to downscale 4K to 1080P, 1080P to 720P, and 640*480 also recommended), and lower the video/audio bit rate by 20-50% compared with its default one. Normally, the smaller video you want, the lower bit rate.
- Adjust the slidebar of LQ-HQ or click 'Use High Quality Engine' in the advanced setting area to improve your compressed video quality.
Best Compression App For Mac
Tip: Have ever seen such a perfect HD video compression software for Mac? If no, have a shot on this amazing video resizer for Mac. It will also surprise you at its awesome 2-in-1 knack to download and convert any YouTube video in a flash. More stuff like, record on-screen video, make photo slideshow video and edit video, whatever you throw to it, it can do that favor for you seamlessly with zero efforts.